What makes software localization different from translation? It’s still about translating UI strings in a CAT tool one at a time, isn’t it?
Ultimately, the focus of localized software is the same in all locales: an outstanding user experience. It’s the user experience which makes or breaks a product in a target market and language is a most visible part of it.
The key to a successful local user experience is making sure that all pieces of the localization puzzle fit harmoniously together for their specific target audience.
This is why we have devised a highly proactive approach to software localization which considers the uniqueness of each product and project, while applying the critical best practices:
- Create consensus with our client on tone of voice, style, and terminology
- Consistently use the same team of specialized linguists for all of our clients’ projects
- Agree with our client on localization processes meant to facilitate integration with their own production cycle
- Thoroughly analyze the source material of each project to identify potential issues
- Cooperate with our client to fix them in the source material prior to localization
- Familiarize our linguistic team with the product through training, round-the-clock support and reference material
- Fast-paced Q&A process during the translation phase
- Rigorous automated and visual verification of localized material before delivery
We also offer our clients the possibility to select from an extensive range of professional localization services to best meet their needs, schedule and budget.